I am honored to have been selected as the Chairman of the Board of Directors for the San Mateo Area Chamber of Commerce (SMACC). My tenure on the board is 10.5 years and I have had the honor to have worked with so many dedicated board members, many of whom are still on the board. In addition, Cheryl Angeles and her staff at the SMACC are a dedicated group of individuals who work very hard to benefit our valued members.
In 2014, I am going to work with the board, staff and committees on the wonderful programs and support we have in place. Allow me to name a few:
- Business Referral Network (BRN) – This program will help you and your business grow.
- Development/Public Policy Division – Advises and informs on Public Policy issues that promotes a positive business Environment.
- Leadership Advisory Board – Supports and oversees the operation of Leadership San Mateo, Foster City, Burlingame and Hillsborough.
- San Mateo Area Chamber Ambassadors – The “Cheerleaders” for the Chamber of Commerce to the community. Ambassadors meet and greet our members at all Chamber Functions.
- Good Morning San Mateo – Where you will hear speakers on public policy, positive changes to the San Mateo Area and other business leaders.
- The Economic Development Growth Enterprise (EDGE) - The EDGE is an economic development and growth initiative created by business owners in 2010 to drive the sustained vitality of the business community located on the San Francisco Bay Area Peninsula.
- This in addition to networking and fundraising events. To name a few “Bowling For Business”, “Multi-Chambers Business EXPO”, “Bacon & Brew Festival” and “A Taste of San Mateo.”
As you can see, your SMACC is already involved in many programs to actively promote businesses, through networking and educational events. In time, I have some ideas that I will discuss with the staff and board to further promote businesses through additional activities.
In closing, as SVP and General Manager of the San Mateo County Event Center, we have a stake in the success of the San Mateo Area, along with all other businesses. I can assure you that it is the mission of San Mateo Area Chamber staff and board to continually advocate and support all businesses in the area. Please take the time to view our web site – www.sanmateochamber.org to find out detailed information on all activities I have mentioned.
Chris A. Carpenter
||Chairman of The Board